Things to Note before you start the procedure
- First and foremost thing, please take the backup of all the import data.
- It is recommended to turn off auto login in your system before running the upgrade. It has been reported that it might cause a problem and you may end up with a broken system.
- The upgrade process disables all PPA that you have added in your system. So make sure you manually enable them later on – even if you cancel the upgrade midway.
- The upgrade process replaces all disco to eoan in the
- Once the upgrade starts, follow the on-screen instructions and keep a tab on the screen on the packages are being upgraded/not-upgraded.
Remember this procedure is to upgrade from Ubuntu 19.04 to 19.10
So let’s get to it.
We will be using the
apt command to upgrade.
Run below command from the terminal.
sudo apt update
You should get an alert dialog as below screenshot then click on upgrade
If you don’t see the above dialog, then don’t worry you cant still upgrade by using the following command
sudo do-release-upgrade -c
1. After the upgrade, reboot the system and you would be greeted with Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine
2. Make sure to enable the PPAs which were present in your system before the upgrade